Saturday, September 17, 2011

My lovely (taboo) fiance

My fiance is a lot older than I am. He's 37 and I'm 22. A lot of people have a problem with this and I will admit, maybe I did at first, too. It took my family a while to accept it and it took me a while not to be embarrassed by the age difference. Now, I don't even notice it and I choose to not care if anyone has a problem with it. He is a big kid and I'm serious most of the time. It does balance itself out. He has taught me to have more fun in life and not be such a "stick in the mud". I'm still having trouble with that! I constantly worry about everything under the sun and stress about the silliest things. He makes me laugh and smile when I don't want to. He is the perfect man for me. We have a crazy amount in common to be so far apart in age, which I know also brings us very close. We both love the same music, have the same views on life, love animals like mad, and love movies! That is only the start of it. We've been together for a year and a half. We got engaged quickly (we started dating on February 26, 2010 and got engaged October 14, 2010), but I have decided we'll have a long engagement. I am hoping to start a family with him someday in the near future. I love him so much.

2 comments:

  1. Age is just a number !
    I think as long as you are both happy thats all that counts :)
    Lovely post ! Glad that you found someone who suits you so well

    www.launainponderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about that. It did take me a while to just forget about it. It doesn't even occur to me anymore. Thank you very much! Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete